Sunday, May 15, 2011

Before I Ever Left Home

On the plain ride over I was thinking back and know that God has been preparing me for this summer and not only preparing me spiritually, physically and mentally but he has gone above and beyond my material needs as well.

The last month or so God has been providing and blessing me in so many way to even be able to come here, but even more mind blowing for me has been just his abundance of blessing the weeks leading up to my departure.

IT is hard to say when the blessings began, but having my XA pastors pull me aside and tell me they love me and just wanted to bless me on my trip with an Ipod touch is a good place to begin! After that I was like wow, God is providing me with things I never would have dreamed to ask him about. During this time I was also given extra opportunities to earn money.

one in particular that stands out is when I went to babysit and just before I had arrived this families two dogs had just been sprayed by a skunk. Under normal circumstances this would be far from what I would call a "blessing," but that day it was. Mr. Silver was not about to wash them himself and in the end he gave me $100 for about an hours work of washing the dogs. The smell did follow me home, but it was a great reminder that God works in the strangest ways :)

To top everything off, my parents and sisters got together to buy me a digital camera, camera case and memory card! I was amazed but even more so when I found a wad of cash in the camera case. "I don't deserve any of this" was my first thought, but God reminded me none of us deserve anything yet he chooses to bless us anyway. None the less I was grateful and amazed and my families generosity. I was again close to tears when I found out that my sisters had been saving for quite some time in preparation for my leaving and I am just so blessed to have younger sisters who are so willing to bless me with their hard earned money.

now here I am in Korea all set and ready to start this new adventure. I am still a little nervous, but looking forward to all that is ahead of me. Keep me in your prayers and I love all of you.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you, Adrienne! I can't wait to hear about all your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And we are praying for you! What a great opportunity to love God's children and fulfill His great purpose for you SA! And have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adrienne, Great site! Hope you are getting over jet lag. Do you like the sites, sounds and smells of Korea? Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya I am doing good. I went for a run this morning and everybody has been really kind and giving me nap time :) I was part of Kuk's leadership class yesterday and got to participate in one of the games/challenges.

    ReplyDelete