Friday, May 20, 2011

Some Site Seeing


After lunch on Thursday Key and Ji took me to a park along the Han River. It was a beautiful park, full of vibrant flowers and people especially school children. We all had to laugh as we arrived because none of us had any money for the parking fee, however, the guard in the booth was nice and let us go through anyway! I thought that was a nice little gift from God and it turned out to be an enjoyable time. The random exercise equipment was also a hoot, and at the same time a great idea. I mean how perfect, someone could take a jog along the river stretch and do some equipment work and have a great work out.

After work we went to another park called the Children's Grand Seoul Park (or something like that) and i was amazed at the size and variety in the park. They had amusement rides, a zoo, fields, more exerciser equipment, ponds, artwork, large green houses and lots of trails and just pleasant areas. They also took me to Dinner at a near by dinning facility. Key and Ji were telling me that even though the place looked older the food was good and it is even famous in Korea and just then an elderly lady barfed right on the sidewalk in front of us and just kept on walking. I was a little shocked, looked to my companions and struggled to keep my composure. It was a challenge not to laugh, and Key assured me that was not normal lol.

I enjoyed the appetizer that was something like ravioli but circular and much better. I did discover that I am not a fan of what they call naingmyen which is a cold noodle dish. For the most part though I have enjoyed all the food and am amazed at the variety and abundance. I think maybe this morning was the first time I have been hungry since I came here and I climbed a mountain before breakfast :)

No comments:

Post a Comment